Wouldn’t it be nice to have your audience eating out of the palm of your hand every time you made a presentation or pitch? If you’ve ever had the experience of watching a great speaker who you were happy to listen to or even energized by, chances are they were doing a few things that had you reeled in.
Think about the last time you felt in safe hands listening to a CEO, colleague, or teacher pitching an idea or leading a training. When all you have to do is go along for the ride while being led along a clear path to a clear outcome, that’s when you, as the audience, are intrigued, gripped, and ready to hear more.
Tune in this week to discover four fun and easy-to-implement tips for intriguing and guiding your audience. You’ll hear what you can sprinkle into your pitches or presentations to power up your persuasiveness, and the key pieces that will perk up your audience and bring your pitch to life.
If you’d like some personal guidance on how to use the power skills of influence, persuasion, or presence in your workplace, we’ve got your back. Email us explaining your situation, and we’ll feature your inquiry on an upcoming episode, making sure you have tips and strategies to help navigate your situation skillfully.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- 2 things that will give your audience an overall feeling of discovery, insight, and clarity.
- What it means to guide your audience.
- The power of making comparisons during your pitch or presentation, and how to generate great comparisons.
- Why rhetorical questions are so much more effective than firm statements.
- How to align your audience with your story.
- 4 tips for intriguing and guiding your audience.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
Full Episode Transcript: