Wouldn’t it be so nice if we could tell other people what to do, and have them just do it in the way we want and expect? Moving other people into action is one of the more frustrating parts of our job, whether you’re an assistant admin, the CEO, or any position in between. However, there’s a simple formula you can use to dial down this frustration, and I’m showing you what it looks like.
Our work lives are filled with unpredictability. No matter how much we try to get things lined up and moving in the right direction, too often, we can count on something or someone else to come along and knock things off course. While we can’t eliminate the unexpected and shouldn’t necessarily want to, we can learn to productively manage that dynamic, and this can truly be a superpower in the work world.
If moving other people into action often feels like wading through mud, you’re in the right place. You’ll discover what’s causing the exasperation you’re experiencing right now, the secret to motivating people to do their job well, and my four-step formula for effectively moving other people into action.
We’re celebrating the launch of the podcast here, and I’d like to include you. I’m going to be giving away AirPods Pros to five lucky listeners who follow, rate, and review the show. Find out how you can enter here!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The number one reason our day-to-day tasks go off track.
- What causes the exasperated unpredictability we experience among our coworkers.
- A magic four-step formula you can use to make it more likely that people do the job you want them to do.
- The secret to motivating other people to do a job and do it well.
- Why “okay” is never a sufficient answer when you’re asking someone to do something.
- How your workplace will start shifting when you learn how to effectively move other people into action.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- We’re celebrating the launch of the podcast here, and I’d like to include you. I’m going to be giving away AirPods Pros to five lucky listeners who follow, rate, and review the show. Find out how you can enter here!
Full Episode Transcript: