All of us want to make a great impression at work and be seen as promising leadership material, especially when we’re in front of senior management. However, very often, our behaviors and mindsets that we think are working for us are actually working against us. So, what helps create a good impression? And what should we be avoiding?
Workplaces are hierarchies, so we almost always have someone above us who is technically more senior than we are. This is emphasized all the time in the work environment, but just because we might be junior doesn’t mean we actually want to appear junior. Looking and feeling junior makes climbing to the next rung of the ladder so much harder, so how do we eliminate this risk?
Tune in this week to discover how to be seen as a peer who needs to be taken seriously, and less like a dependable junior lackey within your workplace. I’m offering the mindset and behaviors that make us appear junior, and four tips for avoiding this so you can turn it around and be acknowledged as someone ready for larger roles.
We’re celebrating the launch of the podcast here, and I’d like to include you. I’m going to be giving away AirPods Pros to five lucky listeners who follow, rate, and review the show. Find out how you can enter here!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What I mean by how not to appear junior.
- Why, even though we might be junior in our workplace, we seldom want to appear junior.
- How to eliminate the risk of being perceived as junior.
- What we usually do when we present to a group that is above us in the workplace hierarchy.
- The power of relaxed self-confidence, and why it’s a sign of seniority and influence.
- 4 tips that will help you avoid feeling and looking junior.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- We’re celebrating the launch of the podcast here, and I’d like to include you. I’m going to be giving away AirPods Pros to five lucky listeners who follow, rate, and review the show. Find out how you can enter here!
- Ep #2: Influence, Persuasion, and Presence: The Tools that Will Grow Your Power
Full Episode Transcript: