There’s one annual event that’s common to every corporation, regardless of company cultures and geographies: budget season. Often, the dynamic of your workplace when budget season is in full swing is painful and frustrating. You’re trying to advocate for the resources you need or the initiatives you believe are valuable amidst presentations, arguments, trade-offs, political alliances, and attempts to game the system.
To get the thumbs up you want on your budget proposals, you need patience and some vital skills that will steer your ideas through. That’s why, this week, you’ll learn two strategies that will do most of the heavy lifting when it comes to getting approval for your ideas, and have decision-makers excited to listen to you.
Listen in today to discover how to navigate budget season effectively and increase the odds of approval for your budget expenses. You’ll hear how to make your proposals more persuasive, top tips for spelling out the return on investment of your ideas, and a three-part approach for explaining your budget proposal in a way that leads to success.
If you’re in HR and want to be highly persuasive in winning approval for your recommendations during budget season, don’t miss our annual FREE private podcast series, Mastering The HR Budget Proposal. It’s filled with tips and strategies that will allow you to capture the interest of decision-makers and make their eyes light up.
Click here to gain access, and then listen on Apple, Spotify or wherever you source your podcasts. https://significagroup.com/hr-budget-24.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- 2 ways to make your budget proposals more persuasive.
- What happens when you win approval for your budget.
- 2 questions to ask yourself to clearly spell out the return on investment of your ideas.
- What you should always be doing with your budget proposals, no matter your position.
- How to increase your win rate during budget season.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’d like some personal guidance on how to use the power skills of influence, persuasion, or presence in your workplace, we’ve got your back. Email us explaining your situation, and we’ll feature your inquiry on an upcoming episode, making sure you have tips and strategies to help navigate your situation skillfully, all while keeping your identity anonymous of course!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google Podcasts.
- Leave a review in Apple Podcasts.