When people think about growing their influence, they imagine time-consuming activities like networking, functions, and events that take them away from their work and personal lives. Not only that, but what often comes to mind are uncomfortable situations that require disingenuous flattery and engaging in endless small talk. In other words, conversations that feel inauthentic and yucky.
Of course, any sane person would want to avoid growing their influence if this was true, but the great news is that it’s not. Some of the most powerful ways to grow the power skill of influence can be simple, fun, and even enjoyable, and this week, you’ll learn a method you can start using right now.
Listen in this week to turn your attention to the power skill of influence. You’ll discover a simple way to grow your influence; one that’s an especially good fit for introverts. Learn the importance of leveling up your influence in the workplace, and some effective tips for implementing the technique explored in this episode.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The misconceptions about what it takes to grow your influence.
- How networking can actually diminish your influence.
- Why growing your influence isn’t and shouldn’t be time-consuming or inauthentic.
- A highly effective method for growing the power skill of influence.
- How to ask unexpected, quality questions to make people feel seen and heard.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Ep #1: Getting Comfortable with Your Power
- Ep #2: Influence, Persuasion, and Presence: The Tools that Will Grow Your Power
Full Episode Transcript: